Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Awkwardly Easy

It's been an easy day.

I didn't want an easy day.

I wanted a full day jam-packed with an intense workload that, in the end, would be perfectly completed.

It all started very pleasantly with Lady Lynn and Maid Marian over coffee. We enjoyed a relaxing ninety minutes having a great catch up. It's been a long time since LL could manage a leisurely morning with us, so I think we made the most of it while we could.

I returned home to my workspace, but felt quite discombobulated at my desk.

So many things to do, but where to start?!

I kind of just clutched at straws. I did a little bit of this and a little bit of that, all the while thinking I should be doing something more important.

I watched a couple of webinars on creating passive income, business coaching, upgrading certain areas of your business, decluttering, manifesting - all the totally non-productive stuff that I didn't need to know about, on a day when I should have been super productive!!

By late in the afternoon, I decided that a 'to-do' list might be necessary, so that's what I did next.

Tomorrow should be more productive.

One very fun thing happened today! One of my jewellery orders was delivered!

Some new snap buttons and a few different bracelets/bangles (my apologies for the crappy phone photos) ...


A small selection of the new buttons ...


This was Adoring Husband's handiwork yesterday ...



It was a birthday gift from The Motivator (which was in April) that has finally found a home.

Adoring Husband, at my request, purchased this new skinny cupboard from IKEA on the way home from his trip away last week. It's to replace the ugly old brown one that has been in our bathroom for the last 9 years.



Next on the agenda will be my new desk that AH is booked to assemble on Friday. Watch this space for photos of that!! I'm excited!!

I guess I should get some sleep so that I CAN BE SUPER PRODUCTIVE tomorrow!!

Nite all.







 

No comments: