Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 14, 2017

I Laughed and Laughed!

Because I watched the Venus Williams match last night, I didn't go to sleep until about 2am, so waking at 7.30am was not ideal.

Adoring Husband took Jack (No 1 Psychotic Dog) to the vets today for his teeth extractions and hair cut, and had to leave at 7.45am. Jack doesn't like to get out of bed unless I'm getting out of bed, so it was a bit of a struggle for both of us!

After they left, I returned to bed and was still there when AH returned from dropping Jack at the surgery.

It was definitely time to get up and make myself presentable for public viewing, so I showered and washed my hair, added a touch of make-up and headed out into the big wide, sunshiny Winter's day on my trike.

I had mail to collect, groceries to buy, more coffee to drink and soup and jewellery to deliver to a sick friend.

It was really nice to catch up with The Motivator. It's been more than 6 weeks since we've seen each other, so there is a lot to catch up on! A couple of visitors dropped in while I was there, so we still didn't get a lot of time together. She needs to rest up and recover from her nasty cold. There will be plenty of time for catching up later.

I came home and put my next batch of chicken broth into containers and prepared our Hainan Chicken dinner.

There was only an hour to play with before I got ready to go to the club and Adoring Husband dropped me off on his way to pick up Jack from the Vets. Unfortunately, we received a phone call from them as we drove into the carpark, so say that they were running late, so he had to kill another hour before driving out there.

I had a lucky night at the club winning on the Pokies and then winning the final raffle prize of the night, which was a voucher for the local bakery.

Surprisingly, Adoring Husband was only just picking up Jack as I was leaving the Club!! So I arrived home before him.

As he pulled into the garage, I opened the door to greet he and Jack. I took one look at Jack with his shaved face and burst into laughter!! He looked so different and his face looked so tiny and his eyes looked so big and he had such a pathetic look. I laughed and laughed.


I'll wait until he has recovered and his mouth is not feeling quite so tender before I groom the rest of his body.  How sad does he look? Awwww.

I wonder if I can stay awake long enough to watch Roger Federer play tonight.

It's already 10pm and I'm feeling a bit weary. I think 5 hours of sleep last night, was not quite enough.

Nite all.

No comments: