Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Memory Lane

I wish I could remember how I filled today!

Let me think ...

I woke up quite early, and tried to go back to sleep, but my body decided it wanted to remain awake, so I watched two episodes of The Ranch in bed until Adoring Husband brought my coffee in and I watched one more episode before facing the day.

Adoring Husband asked me to check number three Psychotic dog, Colli, and she appears to have an ingrown dew claw. This means yet another trip to the vet because it's way too far gone for me to attempt a fix. I need to give her a good grooming tomorrow so that she looks presentable for Monday.

My workspace called to me and the first thing I did was install a new plugin to analyse and monitor traffic that comes to my site. That was an interesting experience with a couple of hurdles along the way. I seem to have ironed out the kinks now and have become a bit of a stalker watching numbers come and go ... I can even tell which pages they are looking at, in real time! The novelty will wear off eventually.

I got to chat with The Motivator, my GSD buddy, who gave me some good advice on which S to get done first!

Then I got to chat with Number One Son, who is in the process of moving to Sydney to take up a new position on Garden Island. That's an exciting and fresh start for him, that I hope will bring him happiness and great satisfaction. Being in Sydney, he will be closer to his father, sister and other brother, so that has to be another bonus.

My next job was to choose some more photos to add to the website. It took me almost two hours to search through the archives and download 60 photos, which are all possibilities for the site. It was a real trip down memory lane for me!

Tomorrow, after I've groomed Colli, I'll put a selection of them onto the site and time permitting, I'll add a blog post.

Thought I'd share a couple of the photos here ...






We all know that Saturday afternoon and evening is footy time! Super Saturday only provided two games this week because of State of Origin during the week.

I prepared a quick and easy dinner combining some leftovers from last week, followed by some of the ice cream that I made on Thursday and we settled down to enjoy the games.

Psychotic dog number one, Jack, is recovering well from his surgery. He has a good appetite and is drinking lots of water. He is also enjoying being spoilt much more than usual, by spending time in the lounge room on his chair or on one of our laps.

No doubt Colli will receive the same TLC after her visit with the vet!

Right now, both Jack and I are looking forward to climbing into our respective beds.

Nite all.

No comments: