Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Solo Day

I spent three hours in bed this morning ordering some more jewellery to replace what I've sold in the last month.

Yes! That's how long it took to find everything that I needed.

In the middle of it, I made some breakfast and got my coffee and then climbed back in to continue my work.

I was using my iPad for this job and it ended up being a lesson in what NOT to do when ordering stock. When I pressed the 'buy now' button , my iPad froze.

After a frantic 5 minutes of trying everything to 'unfreeze', my only option was to close everything down. I assumed (and we all know what happens when you 'assume') that my shopping cart would remain full of the stock that I had selected, so that I could log back in and continue the process.

Alas, this was not meant to be.

When I logged back in, my shopping cart was completely empty!

At first I was devastated and there were quite a few swear words uttered, before I stopped and thought to myself 'everything happens for a reason - obviously this was not meant to happen right now'.

The lesson learned ... was to NOT use the iPad for work (until I get a new one!)

So I left my bed, got dressed, threw some washing in the machine and moved into my workspace.

By now, I was feeling a bit discombobulated ... and you all know what I'm like when that happens!

I opened a new 'to do' list notepad and decided to gather all my bits of paper with all the things that we have to do leading up to Tuesday and consolidate by putting the list together on one sheet of paper.

It took a while to find all of these pieces of paper and I got distracted a few times, until so much time had passed that my washing machine called me to come empty it. So I did that and threw in another load.

I made myself a drink and sat outside in the sunshine for 20 minutes, soaking up the vitamin D.

The sunshine sucked away all of my motivation!

The couch was calling my name! So I gathered all of my paperwork and moved to the couch.

I was still somewhat productive because I ordered some more jewellery, while watching my recordings of 'The Batchelor" - until Adoring Husband arrived home from his SES trip to Gin Gin.

We are heading to Childers tomorrow for the Multicultural Festival and we are leaving very early, so I'd best get some sleep.

Photos to come tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: