Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Festive Day

It was so worth getting out of bed at 6am today.

We arrived in Childers before 8am and our car was the first through the gates to park in the Church grounds, which is a 5 minute walk from the main street where all the stalls are displayed. There was one small disadvantage to that. We were parked furthest away from the road, so I had to walk across wet grass for quite a distance in my leather sandals, and my feet were cold and wet by the time we reached the road. Hardly worth complaining about really.

There weren't too many people at the Festival at this stage, so we got to see all of the stalls without having to fight the hordes of people. We received the undivided attention of the stall holders and I got to spend my money freely! Ya gotta love that!

Before the crowds arrived ...

After the crowds arrived ...

We found some gluten free food and sat down to listen to the live music. It just happened that our favourite local musicians, The Twine, came on to play about ten minutes after we sat down, so we listened to them for the duration of their set before moving on.

There didn't seem to be quite as many stalls there this year and I really wanted to find a brass singing bowl, but none of the stalls had them. We also wanted to find our favourite curry man, but he too was not in attendance. There was a message on his website, which we checked when we got home, to say that he wasn't doing markets any more and that all sales could be made via the website.

We will do that.

My purchases included a new hat...

My old hat is beginning to fall apart and has a hole in the top of it. I don't want to part with it because I love it so much, but it's not going to last much longer.

I also bought a cross body bag and a backpack, along with two pairs of shoes ...

I got this beautiful blue Kyanite pendant which was hand crafted by a guy from Elemental Formations ...

Some Citrine ...

and I got two tops made with hand printed fabric. I didn't try them on, because there were no facilities there to do that, so one top looks fabulous and I'm extremely happy with it, but the second one is a bit tight. I might be able to fix it if I find the inclination.

We were on our way home at 10.30am and by that time, the crowds were overwhelming. The queue of cars coming into town was crazy and the road out of town was completely clear.

Adoring Husband decided, without consultation, to turn right at our designated turnoff, instead of left and we drove to Bamboo World. It was a good decision on his behalf.

It's been a few years since we were last there and it's changed a lot. A lot more work and landscaping has been completed and it's a lovely area. I think it would be a great location for weddings and wedding photography.

We were there for more than an hour walking around and taking in the sights ...

At the end of all that, AH bought two lovely plants for us to use in the new shop and I bought a timber bowl come basket, which I want to use on the counter top for some 'special deal' snap buttons.

The girl in charge took me to a shed where they store some beautiful bamboo and timber sculptures ...

... and I was chased by a crazy ape!!

We were home by 12.30pm but it felt like 5pm!

Adoring Husband then hooked up the trailer and spent the afternoon mowing and edging at the shopping centre. Needless to say, he is exhausted and was in bed by 7.30pm.

Only two more sleeps until we get the keys to the new premises!! Woot! Woot!

I'm off for an early night too!

Nite all.

No comments: