Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 1, 2017


Ok, so I apologise for yesterday!

I posted the video on here, but forgot to take it off 'private' setting in Youtube, so nobody was able to view it!

So here is the link, so that you can view it 'Business Eve'

I took another video at the shop as soon as we entered the premises today.

We were disappointed to walk in and find a big mess.

The carpet hadn't been vacuumed, let alone cleaned. The previous Tennant hadn't repaired the damage that they had done to the walls when they did their renovations and they didn't repair the ceiling where they removed their lighting. They'd left boxes of rubbish on the floor, there were a lot holes in the walls where they had removed shelving and pictures ... and the list goes on.

The previous Tennant offered us the glass topped counters, a desk, the bench that held the cash register and the cash register, which we accepted with gratitude. She left all of those things except the cash register, which was very generous of her ... although the shimmer of our gratitude was dulled by the mess she left behind.

Our original plan for the layout had to change considerably when we discovered a couple of problem areas with the air conditioning outflow and wall mounted power boxes, so this new video tells you our original plan. I hope to show you the revised plan in the next couple of days.  

I had left our coffee morning earlier than usual this morning to meet with The Motivator to get the keys, so about an hour later, the girls all turned up to have a look at the space and wish us luck, which was lovely and it felt good to share it with them.

Adoring Husband has already started work on the walls and The Motivator and I have made a 'to do' list and 'to buy' list and a 'to acquire' list.

We have a big day planned for tomorrow, so I'll be heading to bed very soon.

AH and I were only home a short time before we realised that it was our monthly barbecue at the Lions Park, so we didn't even have time to prepare food to take. We took some alcoholic beverages, planning to have drinks with everyone and then come home to eat.

We were having such a good time, that we sat through dinner with everyone. I ate some of the delicious salads that everybody else had prepared, but AH decided to wait until we returned home.

I had two glasses of wine while we were there too, which has made me very sleepy.

I'd partially prepared a baked dinner, so the boneless leg of lamb was almost cooked in the oven, as were the baked vegetables. It only took another 30 minutes to finish up and we had a delicious, if late, dinner.

I have to say that I am mentally exhausted after such a big day. I've been awake since 5.19am, so I'm ready for bed right now.

Yay for day one! I apologise if this is difficult to read, but my brain doesn't seem to be working very well this evening. I'm definitely done for the day!

Nite all.

No comments: