Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Check Check Check

Today, I contacted, via the website 'Fiverr', the girl who designed my Romance Your Life logo and described to her a basic design that The Motivator and I agreed upon for The Happy Abode.

This girl lives in the Canary Islands, so the communication process is a little slow - taking the time difference into consideration and all - but hopefully, by Monday, we will have a new logo that we are both happy with.

I applied for a partnership ABN for The Motivator and I, which took a ridiculously long time. So many questions! So many pages!

I investigated a number of Telcos for our phone and internet requirements, but it looks like our only option is Telstra. Bugger. (Only because their plan is the most expensive)

I taped newspaper to our shop windows for privacy and security.

I registered with two wholesale providers and am waiting for their reply, which should take about 48 hours.

I made Adoring Husband's lunch and delivered it to him, touching base with The Motivator at the same time.

I waited for the Real Estate Agent to get back to me regarding my two messages yesterday, and even though she was in the office and approximately ten steps away from our shop, she did not make an appearance. It's time to keep a record of our interactions I think.

I spoke to the electrician who turned up at the request of the previous tenant to explain that the wiring and work done on the removed lights was safe and secure. (This means that she received my message, because that was one of my questions)

I cleared some more of my workspace and took two boxes of 'stuff' to the shop.

I played tradies assistant again.

I went to the club for raffle night - won nothing - but did have a little luck on the pokies.

I cooked dinner.

I gave Adoring Husband another leg and back massage.

I cleaned up the kitchen.

I watched the football.

Now I am here, signing off, because it's midnight!

Got stuff to do tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: