Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Work in Progress

Adoring Husband worked his little butt off today moving an entire wall.

He fixed the dodgy work done by the previous tenant and reconstructed the wall so that it's safe and strong .. not quite finished yet, but very close.

The Motivator worked her butt off today, cleaning all the messes that were left behind by the previous tenant, like paint in the kitchen sink, messes in the drawers and on the tiled floor. She filled the kitchen with crockery, cutlery, food, tea, sorted out her work space, moved furniture and tried really hard to motivate me to do stuff too. She did a lot of other stuff too and filled her day completely with productivity.

I did not work my butt off today.

The following list seems long and makes me look like I was flat out, but seriously, each of these things took a couple of minutes, so it's not as impressive as it looks!

I phoned St Vinnies to buy the door that we looked at yesterday and make sure that it was delivered with the rest of our goodies.

I partially cleared my desk, packed one box with the purses, wallets and some journals, filled my trike basket with framed pictures and quotes, a floor rug and a teal table cover.

I helped The Motivator fill a bean bag with 4 bags of beans - which was ridiculously hilarious because I totally lost control and we ended up with half a bag of beans on the floor! I wish I'd taken a photo! The Motivator came up with an ingenious way to pick all the beads up ... which didn't include a vacuum cleaner, so we cleaned it up much faster than expected.

The Bunnings delivery man thought we were the funniest thing he was likely to see all day!

I tried to speak to the Real Estate Agent twice, but she didn't come into the office today.

I tried to speak to the previous tenant to find out how she had her phone and internet connected, but we didn't have her current phone number, so I left a message on the number attached to her website AND I sent her a message via her website. Hopefully, she will contact me.

I made lists.

I rode home and collected a kettle, an extension cord, the box of purses and some cups and a teapot. While I was there, I made a quick cold meat and salad lunch for AH.

I acted as a tradie's assistant a couple of times.

I bought AH a coffee.

I helped The Motivator move some furniture around.

I looked at a wall mural website with The Motivator and we selected a couple of murals.

I rode to the water and photographed the gorgeous sunset ... I can't show you now because the extension cord to my monitor is at the shop, so I can't download the pics from my camera. I can't do it on my laptop either.

I came home and cooked dinner.

I cleaned up the kitchen - giving AH the night off considering all his hard work today.

I gave Adoring Husband a leg and back massage to ease his aching muscles.

I cleared some emails.

That's it.

Now it's almost 11pm and I am ready for bed.

Tomorrow, I'll get to that list I wrote.

Still a work in progress ...



Nite all.

No comments: