Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Halfway There

It started as a lazy Sunday morning and I didn't get out of bed until 11am, which was just divine. I even did a little meditating before I rose, because I could feel my brain starting to work overtime - and I didn't want to think about work today.

I got dressed and Adoring Husband showed me what he had been up to - cleaning out the back bedroom, a lot of which was now in the family room for me to sort through, which I did in a half hearted fashion, after I had cleaned out the fridge.

My next chore was the main toilet and the bathroom.

Adoring Husband went to the fish and chip shop for our lunch, so I was only halfway through the bathroom when he returned with a late lunch. Grilled Barramundi with chips and salad. I made a delicious salad of asian greens, tomato, roasted capsicum, cucumber, mango, avocado, onion and feta cheese. It was perfect.

Once I sat down, it was going to take a miracle to get me back up, which did not occur, so the. bathroom is still not finished and I have a washing machine full of clothes to hang out. I guess my Sunday will have a busy end before bed.

This afternoon when AH decided to have a beer, he asked if I'd like a drink, but there was no vodka and no tonic water so we rummaged through the cupboards and found a small bottle of tequila, and a bottle of grenadine. Luckily there were some oranges in the fridge, so I juiced them and made a Tequila Sunrise!!

Quite enjoyable, but halfway through it, I realised that I had no desire for alcohol, so it seemed like a wasted effort. Ah well.

I've enjoyed sitting on the couch watching a marathon of Batman movies starting with the 1992 movie with Michael Keaton as Batman and followed by the 1995 Batman Forever with Val Kilmer as Batman. I lost interest when the George Clooney Batman started.

Now, I'm wondering how soon I can get to bed tonight so that I can be up bright and early to welcome the holiday crowds into the shop. Ha!




I am happy!

Nite all.

No comments: