Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 22, 2017

Short ...

... and sweet.

It's after 11pm and I'm exhausted.

I can hear my bed and my pillows calling me.

We had another great day. Lots of town visitors came in for a look, all saying that someone had told them about the shop, so word is spreading fast.

Well, maybe not that fast ... we've been open for three weeks now.

We are both brain dead and worn out, working 6 days a week over the holiday period. I'm not used to working at all and The Motivator's hours have been sporadic and planned to suit her needs, so neither of us were prepared for the mental and physical tiredness that we are experiencing.

We'll get over it.

Need to work harder at self care and improve my eating habits, otherwise my energy levels will fade into nothingness and I will make myself sick.

I've got this.

Nite all.




No comments: