Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Shorter...

... and sweeter.

It's 7.30pm and I can't stop yawning!

I was home by 1pm today.

Our little girl, Jessie, came to say goodbye before she and her parents headed back to the Gold Coast and she gave us both a hug and thanked us. She was such a little sweetie.

Her Dad, a self professed healer, gave us some advice about cleansing our training area before we begin our courses.

Our morning was quiet in the shop and we probably had about 15 people through the door. Three of them were there to ask about crab.

We had some great conversations and met some new locals.

We received a phone call from a lady whose transactions didn't go through our reader on Monday, and this means that we have now received ALL the money from my big mistake that day. It's comforting to know that people are so honest.

Lady Lynn, Happy Harry, Beauty, The Beast, Stands With a Fist and The Chief all came for a quick visit. It was the boys' first visit, so I showed them around. I'm really happy that they came!

Sadly, I watched my team lose their finals footy game last night and I doubt that I'll be able to stay awake for the entirety of tonight's game, but I hope the Cowboys win.

I'm writing this on my iPad tonight and the battery is almost flat, so this is me signing off!

It's been a big week and my energy is low, so ...

Nite all

No comments: