Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Humpety Hump Day

How lucky that we've been able to locate three of the four people whose transactions didn't go through our card reader properly yesterday!

It means that we are only $27 down now. We can live with that.

We had an incredibly busy day today. We met some interesting people and our patience was stretched a touch by one or two of them. The Little Mermaid was feeling and sounding fiery. We sold a lot of Cenzoni handbags, including one that I thought would never sell!

Luckily, another delivery of Cenzoni bags arrived in purple and black - they seem to be very popular colours.

I sold another photo! Woot! Woot!




I left the shop at 5pm after I'd priced my new photos, answered some freaky phone calls - prerecorded messages that were set to play when I answered the phone - one of them wouldn't allow me to hang up until it finished (I pressed the button to hang up and nothing happened)!!

I served a late customer and then packed up to go home.

I got about a third of the way home and then had this uneasy feeling that the back door to the shop was unlocked, so I turned around and rode back to the shop. When I tested the door, sure enough, it was unlocked!! 

It can't be locked from the outside, so I had to unlock the front door, walk through the shop, lock it from the inside and then leave through the front door again. 

I rode home and as I pulled into the garage, I realised that I'd left the cash box behind, so Adoring Husband drove me back to the shop to get it.

I seem to spend a lot of time back tracking these days!

I made an easy dinner of crispy skinned chicken and salad and that was it for me.

It's now 10pm and I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: