Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Nothing At All

There is still much to do at home in preparation for the big birthday bash.

In particular, there is still much for ME to do, even though Adoring Husband has worked hard throughout the house.

But today, I just wanted to do nothing at all.

I didn't want to think about anything or do anything or worry about anything or answer any questions.

I just wanted to veg.

Of course there was washing to do and some tidying to do in the bedroom and family room, but I did the minimum required.

Adoring Husband put together some IKEA drawers for a cupboard at work and we drove to the shop to install it. I didn't lock the door and some people attempted to come into the shop! I told them to return tomorrow.

We've watched a marathon of movies. 'Going in Style'  'Enchanted'  'Runaway Bride'  'Sex and the City2'

It's just 8.30pm and I feel like it's time  for bed ... even after doing nothing all day!

I made Butter Chicken for dinner tonight, which was pretty easy and I added small cubes of roasted sweet potato and grated carrot for some extra goodness and nutritional value.

Pretty happy about the Cowboys winning the footy last night. It will be an interesting final between them and Melbourne Storm. Storm are far and away the best team in the competition, but you never know how things will go on the day.

If the Cowboys can play a whole game the same way they played the second half of yesterday's game, I think they could be in with a chance, but they were 9th on the ladder at the end of the season and only made it into the top 8 by chance. For them to beat the number one team, would be pretty miraculous!

Well, enough of this frivolity. I'm off to bed. I need my beauty sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: