Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 30, 2017

It's Beginning

Christmas shopping has begun!

Not mine.

Some people are doing their Christmas shopping in The Happy Abode because it's "not like all the other shops", so I'm thinking that's a good thing.

I had more wonderful feedback today and even had a couple of husbands sitting in our lounge area, enjoying the pod chair and a bean bag while their wives spent almost an hour choosing bags, jewellery, diaries and purses.

They were very patient and also provided positive feedback!

One of our customers went searching for our Facebook page and commented favourably.

Another local man came in with his phone, asking me to take photos of the snap button range, as well as different parts of the shop so that he could send the pics to his daughter-in-law who will be visiting soon. Then he phoned her and handed the phone straight to me!!

We agreed that he was 'special' and she said that she will visit the shop next time she comes to town.

Quite a few locals came in today stating that they had no idea we were there and they promised to spread the word.

Some wanted to bring their families in on Monday (which is a public holiday) and asked if we would be open. I think I might open for the morning - treat it as a Saturday and take advantage of the public holiday.

Adoring Husband and I went straight from work into The Bay this afternoon. We did a Bunnings run and bought some flowers and hanging baskets for our outdoor area, some paint to spruce up the concrete floor in that area and some timber to make some rails to put on the walls of the shop for my photos to sit upon.

We also drove across to Go Natural and bought some organic fruit and veg, as well as some delicious ice cream, one tub of which has already been eaten! Most of it by me!

Now I'm feeling incredibly full bellied and incredibly tired, so I'm off to bed! It's not even 9pm and I believe that I'll be asleep by 9.30pm.

So ... nite all.

  

No comments: