Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 29, 2017

Happy Weekend

The holidays have ended. The tourists are on their way out of town. The caravan parks are emptying. The party is over.

It's a long weekend, so let's go out with a bang!

It was a crazy day with people coming in to spend the last of their holiday money before they left town. Lots of snap button jewellery went out the door and I'm concerned that the next lot of orders won't arrive in a timely manner.

We'll have to manage with what we have for now.

I had a fight with Telstra over the phone today.

I had a fight on Monday with Telstra also, and that fight ended satisfactorily, or so I thought. The promises that gentleman made were empty and he didn't follow through with anything, nor did he log my call.

Today, I was redirected three times until I spoke with a male who wouldn't listen and was arrogant, so I demanded to speak to his supervisor. He put me on hold for 20 minutes and then handed me to a female named Charlene. She had a strong accent that almost sounded robotic.

She also didn't listen, although she at least offered to remove a $59 fee from our bill. It was the one fee that I was happy to pay and the one fee that I could see was relevant. The $250+ double fee for tech support was the one I disagreed with, but I won't go into it here.

She, like the guy on Monday, promised to email me the revised bill with the new total and agreed that we wouldn't have to pay the $15 late fee on the bill.

Just like the guy on Monday, she failed to deliver and no email arrived.

But at least I have her name, unlike the guy on Monday.

So I guess there will be another phone call on Monday.

*sigh*

I had a customer in the shop for almost the duration of the phone call. A couple walked in during the call and Adoring Husband came in near the end of it. That was all a bit uncomfortable.

The remainder of the day was happy and good. I enjoyed it and all of my customers were in a jovial mood, so that was an added bonus.

Somebody brought back a rose gold bangle because it had tarnished overnight, so I took it and refunded the money. She was grateful and then proceeded to spend more than twice that on more jewellery! I think I passed on my snap button obsession to her. Haha.

I left work at 3.20pm and it gave me plenty of time to get ready for our Friday night at the club.

Four of our group were lucky with raffles and such. I was not one of them.

Football season is over so there was no footy to watch tonight. The Grand Final will be played on Sunday and then we have to wait til March 2018 for the next season.

So Adoring Husband and I watched a movie on Box Office. 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' I enjoyed it and I hope to get the time to watch it for a second time in the next 48 hours while it's available.

It's almost midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: