Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 25, 2017

Manic Monday

We had our busiest Monday today!

Not just tourists, but quite a few locals who we have never seen or met before.

I love how people want to stop and have a chat about where they come from, how many years they've been coming here for holidays, where they stay, who they know and of course, how much they love our shop - "Just what this town needs!"

My third customer since we opened, strolled through the shop today and asked "Who is this photographer? Is she a local?" and then proceeded to heap praise upon me. Gives me a thrill every single time!

We completed and ordered our business cards and some of our signs today.

I spent time on the phone with Telstra trying to reduce our ridiculous bill today. I was told that an email would be sent, our bill would be frozen and that he would phone me back with the result. Surprise, surprise, he didn't send me an email or phone me back ... probably didn't freeze the bill either.

I'll follow up tomorrow.

I postponed the LeReve party that we were going to have tomorrow. It will be held next Tuesday afternoon now at 3pm.

Researched more snap jewellery sites to re-order some stock that is no longer available with my old provider.

I ordered a Cenzoni bag for a customer who was here last week.

Adoring Husband ran a couple of errands for me in The Bay.

We enjoyed GF hamburgers from the local takeaway - delicious.

Once again, we left the shop much later than 3pm. It was after 5pm by the time I got home, which meant I walked straight into the kitchen to begin cooking dinner. Bangers and mash with fresh beans and snow peas.

I ate a fresh sand crab for dinner, while AH ate my creation.

It's now 10pm and I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: