Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Happy All Round

I left home early enough to drop by the Seat of Knowledge and see the boys. It's been a couple of weeks since I last saw them and during that visit, they seemed a bit aloof, because I was hoping that they would ask about the shop, but they avoided the subject.

Today was a different story and they asked me to sit down and proceeded to bombard me with questions. It felt good to me that they were interested at last.

At 8.30 I pedalled to the supermarket to get some food for tonight's dinner, checked my PO Box and then headed to work.

It was lady's lunch day so I was only working until 11am. I made a small sale before I left and as I walked out the door, I declared to The Motivator "I hope that you have an incredibly busy afternoon and break all our sales records!"

I then rode home to be picked up by The Speckled Hen and it was my first lady's lunch for 3 months so I was pretty pumped!

Even before I reached our lunch destination, I received a text from The Motivator to tell me that she had sold four of my photos + other sales and was rapidly approaching our sales record!

That was pretty exciting.

We lunched at Goody's Restaurant in Toogoom and they had a fabulous GF menu. I couldn't eat all of my Salt n Pepper Calamari even though it was amazing. The sweet potato chips were crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The salad was fresh and crunchy with a delicious dressing.

But the piece de resistance was the dessert of which I decided to partake at the last minute. A warm GF brownie with warm chocolate sauce and pouring cream. That was a plate full of heaven and I savoured every single mouthful with gusto! Yum Yum Yum

After a couple of hours, four of us drove to the Bowls Club for drinking and gambling.

That was a lot of fun and we left there at 4pm.

There was no way that I was capable of eating dinner after filling my belly with all of that good food, but I made up a big salad with a Barker's Creek pork loin cutlet for Adoring Husband.

Now it's almost 9.30pm and I'm feeling a bit peckish. Perhaps a piece of toast would hit the spot.

Anyway, I've had a fabulous day and after so much time, I loved catching up with the ladies. I didn't even think to take a photo because I was too busy yapping with everyone.

Hugs all round and feeling the love!

Nite all.

No comments: