Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

End of Days

Apparently tourist season has almost ended and I should prepare myself for an empty shop.

This is possibly correct, but we've had more locals in our shop than tourists of late, so I'm hoping that they will continue to support us.

Even if the end of tourist season means the end of our current customer flow, it will at least give us time to cover the chairs and set up our training room, so there are positives to whatever the immediate future has to offer.

Meanwhile, it was another good day in the shop, with plenty of happy smiling faces belonging to tourists and curious investigations from the locals.

I locked the doors at 3.20pm, grabbed a coffee from the fish n chip shop and was home before 4pm.

Adoring Husband spent the day on Fraser Island fulfilling SES duties. It was a rough ride in gale force conditions and the tides were not conducive to a happy or productive trip on the island itself. He endured a long day, having more work to do in The Bay before he could come home.

He left at 5am and returned at 8.30pm. That's a long day in anybody's books.

We had our big sign delivered by the Fisher King and Toy Boy this afternoon.

A local lady offered and delivered some plants for our garden at the front of the shop.

A courier service delivered five boxes of goodies for The Motivator's lighting and design business.

Some of our signs arrived yesterday from Vistaprint. It was kind of funny that even though we planned on opening from 9am - 12pm on Saturdays, The Motivator accidentally put 9am - 1pm on the order ... I guess it was meant to be!

I enjoyed my day today.

The Motivator is now in Sydney for a few days so I'll be flying solo. I hope she has a good time with her family and returns to me all relaxed and happy :) She needed a break because she works super hard and at full steam.

It's just gone past 10pm so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

  

No comments: