Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Footy Finals

I'm sitting on my couch watching the NRL Grand Final between Melbourne Storm and North Queensland Cowboys.

It's fast and furious and sadly, there has already been a serious injury that held up the game for 15 minutes.

I can't decide who I want to win this game.

Melbourne Storm are an amazing team full of stars. The difference between them and any other team full of stars, is that they play as a team. None of those stars try to be heroes on their own. They know that they need each other to win tight games and they are impressive both on and off the field.

The North Queensland Cowboys are the underdogs. It was sheer luck and only because of the result of another game that they even got into the top 8 to make the finals. They are fighters. They play smart and hard and they never give up. They well and truly earned their spot in this Grand Final.

I know they have the heart to win, but I just don't know if they have enough in them to do it against Storm.

We are only 20 minutes into the game and Storm are winning 6 - nil.

I've had a fairly productive Sunday, waking with more energy than I did last Sunday. I spent two hours in the back bedroom and removed a mini suitcase full of paperwork which needs to go to the shop and a couple of bags of magazines, books and stock which we took to the shop late this afternoon.

There was also 2 bags and a box full of rubbish removed.

I estimate that I probably have another hour or two to completely finish the job.

I baked a chicken in the oven with some sweet potato and beetroot. I served that with a delicious home made chicken gravy for a late lunch.

From 2pm onward, I relaxed on the couch and kept an eye on the BOM because SES have been issued warnings for heavy rain and storms in our area. They seem to be very slow moving and I doubt that anything will happen before tomorrow, probably early morning.

If it's raining tomorrow, I probably won't open the shop. The rain will keep the locals and the tourists indoors, so being at the shop will be pointless.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the footy.

Go Storm!

Go Cowboys!

Nite all.


No comments: