Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

In Love

I am in love.

In love with my workspace.

(and Adoring Husband of course lol)

As far as sales go, it was a very quiet day. As far as visitors go, it was a very busy day! Not only friends, but previous customers came in, just to say hello! Which was really lovely and made the day go very quickly.

Mrs Bucket was the first through the door and it was a good visit with her. We had some real D&M time which was interesting and nice.

Today is pension day for a lot of the town locals, so they head into The Bay to do their grocery shopping. Originally, I thought pension day would be busier in the shop, but it's The Bay that gets busy on this day, not us.

A delivery of stock arrived and it was fun opening the box to see what was inside. I can never remember everything in the order, so it's like Christmas opening the packages.

The man finally arrived to assess the flood damage. It seems we will be getting a new roof, but it'll take 6 weeks to organise and who knows how long to actually replace. It's a big job, but meanwhile, this gentleman says that he will fix the back wall so that water doesn't seep through in the next downpour.

For now, I feel better having discussed the possibility of fixing the problem.

When there was no-one in the shop, I fluffed around and moved some stock, rearranging things here and there.

Tomorrow, I'll order some more snap jewellery. It's so popular, and since it takes 30-60 days for each order to arrive, I need to make sure there will be enough here for Christmas! (Yes, Christmas is less than 12 weeks away!)

Adoring Husband took delivery of some decorations and tablecloths for his Rock and Roll party, so things are looking good so far for the Big Bash.

The Motivator took the day to spend quality time with her niece.

Right now, Adoring Husband, having spent the night on SES duties, is snoring in his chair and the 2009 version of the movie 'Astro Boy' is on Foxtel. As interesting (not) as it is, I need to get some sleep. I've had a mild headache itching to take hold all afternoon and evening. I think a good night's sleep will kick it to the curb.

Nite all.


No comments: