Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Productivity

Once again, I'm exhausted and ready for bed.

We left the shop at about 1.30pm and I did some grocery shopping so that I could do what I've been planning to do for the last 6 weeks, but haven't!

I planned to grocery shop every Friday so that I could bulk cook on Sunday and have all our meals prepared for the week.

But I kept missing the butcher - until this week!

So this afternoon I've prepared spaghetti bolognese sauce (which we will eat with zoodles instead of pasta), Hainan chicken and a beef casserole. That will help next week when I don't feel like spending time in the kitchen.

Since I made the decision to go into business with The Motivator, my eating habits have gone to pot.

My diet now includes hot chips, potato chips, rice, bread and GF desserts full of sugar, oh and too much coffee!

My energy levels fluctuate ridiculously with so many carbs and sugars going through my system and I'm not sleeping as soundly as I did before.

So I've decided to get back on the Paleo wagon - and I'm announcing it here to make myself accountable.

While my mental and emotional health is thriving in our self-made little slice of heaven, my physical health is slowly sliding downward and I want to feel physically strong and healthy again. I don't like feeling exhausted and unmotivated at the end of the day. It reminds me of when I used to fall asleep in the afternoons while I was playing with Chicklet. I need to feel Paleo fit again so that I can outlast everybody in the day.

I also need to be energised for the road trip next month!!

I'm a bit excited about the road trip.

The remainder of this year is going to be hectic and amazing and fabulous!

I can't wait to see all three of my kids, BGWLBH, my brother and my niece who are all coming for Adoring Husband's 60th birthday bash. Their visits will all be staggered over 3 or 4 weeks and following their departure, BGWLBH and I are off on our road trip, it's going to be epic!

In the meantime, I need to put all of my prepared food into the freezer and head off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: