Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunday Sad

Well, I started the day well enough.

I was out of bed early (for a Sunday) around 8 o'clock-ish.

A couple of loads of washing and then back into my old office to finish clearing it out. Remember last week when I said I only needed a couple more hours? Ha! I've worked an extra day and I STILL need a couple more hours!

I stopped clearing to make some lunch salads to go with the chicken wings that Adoring Husband had put into the oven.

I made a Kaleslaw, some pickled cucumber slices and a big garden salad with cos lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, red capsicum, mango slices, pear slices, fresh mint and coriander, toasted pine nuts and a home made dressing with chilli, coconut vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and maple syrup.

Even if I say so myself, it was bloody delicious!

Unfortunately, it all went downhill from there.

I spent the afternoon in bed and slept for more than 2 hours.

No idea what was wrong, I just felt weak, my tummy was tender and I felt a bit light headed. I know better than to push through it. I took some time out to care for myself and it worked. I still feel a bit weak, but a good night's sleep will soon fix that.

Luckily I had some casserole in the fridge to heat up for AH and I served it in a bowl with leftover salad on the side.

I had a hand full of nuts for dinner.

Now we're watching The X Factor UK (which is sometimes making me feel sicker lol).

Anyway, enough of this frivolity.





Nite all.

No comments: