Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Friday Frenzy

I thoroughly enjoyed my day all round.

I worked until almost 2pm and during that time, served a number of customers, had some friends come through the doors and a surprise visit by The Lifesaver!! It was a very brief visit, but how lovely to see his smiling face!

Quite a bit of stock arrived this morning. New snap button bracelets and pendants, a few snap button rings and some tree of life snap buttons. I love it when new stock arrives, but today I was surprised to discover that I'd ordered 120 pieces of one item, when I thought I'd ordered 20.  Ugh.  Luckily the items are nice and will sell well!

The Motivator spent a few hours at a business appointment, so when she returned, I left.

I had to book Bubbles' train ticket for her trip from the Sunshine Coast to Burrum Heads next week.

It was around 2.30pm by the time I arrived home.

I received a phone call from Adoring Husband to advise that there were weather alerts in our area showing that we were expecting 150mm of rain every day for three days. That's a LOT of rain!  That's a LOT more than last week when the 200mm of rain fell in 12 hours and caused damage to our shop.

Let's hope that the repairs that have been done so far, are enough to keep our premises safe and clear of water this time.

BGWLBH and I chatted for a while about the shop and the sorts of things that we could sell. She showed me her photos on her laptop, some of which were pretty amazing and then we got ready for the club.

AH decided he was too tired to come tonight. He'd spent the afternoon on the phone co-ordinating different SES groups for the coming weather event and he'd had a late night the night before, so he remained at home and relaxed on the couch.

BGWLBH and I enjoyed just one beverage at the club and then spent the evening losing. I had a win on the pokies, but keno and raffles were not lucky for us. We made it for the first bus home and I'd put a beef casserole in the slow cooker, which was ready by the time we returned.

After dinner, while AH cleaned the kitchen, we set up the trivia game for another round. Tonight was BGWLBH's turn to win.

Now it's well after midnight and I need to leave early in the morning so that I can attend the markets and collect something that I commissioned a lady to make for me, and then get to work.

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: