Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 9, 2017

Wizard of ZZZZzzzzz

I'm off to see that Wizard of ZZZzzzzz

The Motivator and I started our morning by navigating our way past the tree loppers so that we could have our 'start of the week meeting' on the water front.

I don't think either of us have been there on time for a Monday morning meeting, but I was the worst culprit this morning. I got side tracked by the strong smell of smoke along the way, so I had to investigate to make sure there wasn't a house on fire!

There was a metal fire bowl in a front yard that was obviously in use the previous night, and that's where the smell was coming from. Better to be safe than sorry!

Our late meeting meant that we were late to open the shop. It was about 9.15am when we opened the doors.

We spent the day confirming large orders of stock to cover us for Christmas and the holiday period, which was kind of fun.

The Motivator covered the seats of the training room chairs and now we just need to cover the backs.

Adoring Husband took a load of my office paraphernalia to the shop for me, including my iMac. It's annoying packing and unpacking the laptop every day and it was taking me 15 minutes to pack everything up and clear the desk to go home, so the iMac was returned to the shop and I'll use it instead of the laptop.

We enjoyed a nice healthy salad for lunch, chatted with and served some customers, discussed our plans for the coming weeks with visitors and holidays and then I received a phone call from AH asking me to go home and lock the house and get the dogs out of the lounge room.

He'd been called out to deliver the defribulator to help someone and rushed out the door with no time to secure the house or the animals, so The Motivator drove me home to quickly to lock up and then we returned to the shop.

I set up my happy abode email on the iMac and then began packing up my goods to come home.

Luckily AH had prepared himself a good lunch as his main meal for the day, so I didn't have to worry about cooking when I got home. After he left, I made myself a quick salad of salmon, tomato, cucumber, onion and avocado with some of last night's leftover dressing.

Now I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: