Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Week Has Ended

Thank God it's Sunday!

It's been a big week!

BGWLBH walked me to work this morning, but first, we bought coffee and then headed to the local markets at the hall.

I had commissioned a lady there to make me some drawer handle decorations because I'm going to refurbish our bedside tables and I want to hang these from the handle of the top drawer.




While I was there, I commissioned a gentleman to make two timber jewellery stands with whale tails as the main feature. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I also bought some led light glass hanging ornaments from his wife.

I almost bought more jewellery from The House Sitter, but I showed restraint.

We bought a few bags of vegetables from a stall before we  returned to The Happy Abode and went our separate ways.

It was a steady morning in the shop and The Motivator invited one of the stall holders from the markets to come to the shop at midday to discuss selling her beautiful products in our shop. This person sells cards, postcards, affirmation cards, mugs and framed art, all of which is made with her own artwork.

I have bought quite a bit of her stuff in the past and still have some of her cards in my stash for when I need birthday or greeting cards. I use one of her notebooks at the shop. I love her work.

As does The Motivator!






So we now have a display of Lisa Hanrahan's products in our shop and this makes us very happy.

I didn't get home until about 2pm. and BGWLBH and I spent quite some time in the kitchen, while she made the most delicious pumpkin soup I've ever tasted and I prepared a roast dinner. Lamb, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, onion, Brussels sprouts and asparagus. I also made gravy.

We played Cards Against Humanity and drank alcoholic beverages before dinner.

BGWLBH discovered our boxed set of the TV series 'ER' so she snatched it and hightailed it into her bedroom to hibernate and binge on about 15 series of ER.

It's now almost 11pm and I think it's time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

 

No comments: