Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

She's Here!

So I spent the morning at the shop while The Motivator sewed the covers for the backs of the training room chairs. She has done an amazing job. Doubly amazing because she has never done it before and created the pattern herself and so far, it's all absolutely perfect!

We pulled the covers over the backs of the chairs and then got to staple two of them into position so that they could be sewed, before I had to leave.

I had to leave because BGWLBH was on her way and due to arrive around 2pm. It turned out to be some time after 3pm, which was lucky because I didn't get home until 1.30pm and I wasn't quite ready for her arrival.

The Psychotic Dogs were very excited to see her and made lots of noise. Jack barked and barked (as he does) Ruby ran around in circles smiling and showing all her front teeth. Colli barked and snorted and fought to get through the others for attention.

It was good to see her and a relief to have her arrive safe and sound after such a long journey.

While she suffers a bit of jet lag trying to adjust to our non-daylight savings time, we tried for an early dinner of chicken and salad, enjoying an alcoholic beverage or two and then the standard game of trivia which I'm happy to report I WON!!!  Woot Woot!

Even more satisfying because Adoring Husband had all of his pieces of pie a long time before I did, but he couldn't answer the final question. He landed in the centre many times but we made sure we picked a subject that we knew he would struggle with and he couldn't quite get the final answer to finish us off.

When I landed on the centre the very first time, Adoring Husband chose his favourite subject (Science) for me because he knows that I struggle with it (I also struggle with History and Geography lol), but luckily it was one of the easier Science questions ... I can't even remember what it was now, because I was so excited about winning!

On BGWLBH's last visit I didn't win any games and she won them all, so we're off to a good start. Tonight she just couldn't get a correct answer for the Sports question (that's the orange piece of pie and the one that she is pointing to in the photo) to win her final piece of pie. Sports is her worst subject in trivia.

Go Me!




It's almost 11pm and I'm feeling decidedly weary, so now I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: