Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Coffee Visits

We started AND ended our work day with visits from coffee ladies.

Of course Tuesday morning is the usual coffee crowd + Molly the dog (despite her owner believing that she is not a dog but is in fact a person!) joined us this morning. The owner being The Blonde Bombshell ...


We had some great laughs this morning and we really enjoyed the company of the girls, but all good things come to an end and after a couple of them satisfied their need for retail therapy, they all said their farewells and went on their merry way.

The Motivator covered some more chairs and created a pattern to cover the backs of the chairs. She also vacuumed the floors and cleared some rubbish from the training room while I ate my late lunch and completed some orders for stock.

I attempted to clear my desk of some of my office 'stuff' that I'd brought from home, which is a hell of job in itself with very little storage room available. I'll get it sorted eventually.

This afternoon while The Motivator was having a phone appointment in the treatment room, and I was just about to walk out the door to head home, Shelly Shirl came peering through the door with a friend, so I invited them into the shop. Shelly Shirl declared that she had another four ladies finishing their coffee at the cafe and could she bring them in too.

Of course I invited them all in and they filled the shop with their laughter and happy chatter, also enjoying some retail therapy!

I didn't leave for home until 5pm!

There was a massive storm heading in our direction this afternoon. I could hear the thunder rumbling as I pedalled home and when I looked at the satellite view on the BOM website, it was a small but nasty looking storm with a black centre.

Reports had come through that a house in Boonaroo lost it's roof in the storm, and the SES were given two warnings to be on alert, so naturally I did my own risk assessment and cleared an area in our walk in robe, filling it with my electronic devices and then sat down to watch the BOM.

Miraculously, as the edge of the storm neared our town, the storm split in two. Part of it moved north and the half that moved over us simply dissipated! It was a fabulous relief and quite the anti climax.

I've just looked at the clock and discovered that it's almost midnight.

How did that happen?

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: