Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sleepy Sunday

The weather has been very wet!

So it's been a lazy, sleepy Sunday.

BGWLBH has been binge watching ER while Adoring Husband and I have been watching rubbish TV like 'Love it or List it' and an Aussie movie called 'Not Suitable for Children'.

Lunch was a big bowl of pumpkin soup for BGWLBH and AH, while I made myself a big crab salad with fresh crab, avocado, lettuce, watermelon and onion with fresh coriander and lime juice. It was delicious but too large and unfortunately my body is beginning to react to crab. I think my crab days are almost over. I will push it to the absolute limit, but my limit is frighteningly close.

I suspect that I will be in bed bright and early tonight because doing nothing all day has left me feeling exhausted!

I introduced BGWLBH to spaghetti bolognese with zoodles tonight and it seems that she enjoyed it very much. Tomorrow night will be chicken curry with cauliflower rice.

Monday marks the beginning of a very big week for us.

Vegan Chickie and Chicklet arrive on Wednesday. Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour arrive on Friday and many others will arrive from Friday onwards for the big birthday bash.

This means that I need to get plenty of sleep each night to be at my peak.

It's approaching 9pm and I think I can easily fall asleep if I climb into bed right now. The fact that the Higgins Storm Chasing mob have predicted that a significant rain even will be occurring tonight and tomorrow, means that I'd best sleep while I can because the Psychotic Dogs will get very stressed during the night. Up to 500mm inside 24 hours is very significant and a bit scary to think about.

Nite all.


No comments: