Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Build an Ark

I haven't checked our rain gauge, but I think we've had about 150mm in 24 hours. Having said that, it is absolutely pelting down as I write this, and it has been for some time, so that number may be rising significantly.

The wind has gusted to 57kph and while I was at work,  the rain was almost horizontally hitting our front windows and blowing our door open into the shop.

On the plus side, the only water damage was under our back door, so none of the leaks from the last rain event happened this time. This indicates that the gutters that were blocked with leaf litter were probably the main culprits for the last problem because they have since been cleared and the leaks have ceased.

Considering the horrendous weather, the shop was busy today! I guess people were sick of being stuck inside because of the rain and decided to get out and have a look at 'the new shop'.

I sold yet another photo today and a 2nd photo was ordered! I am flabbergasted! And kind of chuffed.

That takes my total to sixteen photos in seven weeks! Who'da thunk?

The Motivator and I took some photos of some new stock and decided to post on Facebook that we can gift wrap (for an extra charge) and send gifts around Australia. We've already had 4 sales via the Facebook page, so we figured it would be worth advertising that we can do a little extra.


 


We are hoping that by tomorrow, we will get to use our shop PayPal account. They've made us jump through a few hoops - nothing is a simple process when you have a business. It's enough to drive you bonkers!

It's, once again, rapidly approaching midnight and I need to sleep. The Psychotic dogs kept me awake for half the night last night and I'm hoping they will allow me to get a good night's sleep tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: