Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Crazy Rain

More than enough rain for one event!

Will it never end?

Roads are cut. The ground is wet. The river is brown. The winds are blowing. The dogs are even more psychotic. Everyone is stir crazy. It's time to stop now.

If it doesn't stop soon, the flood waters will stop people from reaching us for the big birthday bash!

We discovered one leak in the shop. A slow drip from the ceiling in the kitchen. The other problem is the back door which isn't sealed and water accumulates and flows not only under the door but pours in through the gaps in the side of the door. That needs to be rectified.

There were a few people who braved the weather and came for a visit to the shop. Some paying customers, others just for a sticky beak, but it was a quiet afternoon when the rain really pelted down for well over an hour.

While I was expecting our first visitors to arrive today, nobody actually turned up, which was lucky because the Butcher closed early and I didn't get to buy any food to feed the hoards. I'll need to get in early tomorrow.

While I was at work, BGWLBH spent time in my kitchen to create this ...


It didn't quite look like the cake in the picture, but it sure tasted mighty fine!

We played trivia tonight (again) and I won! Woot! Unfortunately, BGWLBH continues to stay one game ahead of me! There is plenty of time to catch her.

I need to go to bed now. It's after 11pm and my body is aching a bit ... my back is struggling at the moment, but I don't know why. Probably the dining chairs where we play trivia for hours at a time.

Have a fabulous Wednesday!

Nite all.

No comments: