Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Almost Dry

All of our carpet, except in the training room, is dry.

The water is obviously still seeping under the wall in the training room because it's not drying at all and it's beginning to smell. Ugh.

Someone was supposed to come inspect and assess today, but they hadn't arrived by the time I left at 4pm. Maybe he arrived after that. I hope so.

The Motivator returned to work with her niece, Ruby Red, in tow, who helped out with a few chores and we asked her to give us her youthful advice on some bags, but she is obviously a different type of teenager to the ones we have visiting our town because she didn't like any of the bags that we normally sell to young women and teenagers!

We had some lovely new customers today and some returning customers as well. It was a good day.

The Motivator left after lunch for a work appointment and I spent a quiet afternoon replacing stock on shelves and making order selections for more stock, as well as sorting through some of the paperwork and office paraphernalia that I brought from home on Tuesday.

Adoring Husband took Colli, one of the psychotic dogs, into the groomers first thing this morning ...



From what I understand, she was quite well behaved and I almost didn't recognise her when AH brought her into the shop to show her off.

A H prepared his own dinner tonight. I'd eaten a big lunch, so I didn't need to eat dinner.

We picked The Blonde Bombshell up from her place and drove to the Bowls Club to meet Tweedle Dee and the Green Thumb for the trivia night. We did incredibly well and came 2nd out of a very large number of teams.

I didn't count them but I think there were about 12 teams tonight. We had one perfect round and came second by three points!

There were a lot of familiar faces there tonight, which made it even more fun and the competition was fierce! We won two of the rounds, which meant we were given a big bag of lollies for each of those rounds - woot woot!

So it's ended up being a late night for us and it's already 11.30pm, so I guess I should sign off and drag Adoring Husband, who is snoring his head off in the lounge chair beside me, into bed.

Having not had any dinner, I'm feeling a bit peckish now. Nothing that a big glass of water won't fix until tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: