Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tired Az

I'm a bit exhausted.

I think the drama and worry of the water inundation in the shop has taken its toll.

The dogs waking me up twice for toileting during the night also didn't help.

Nor did the 6 hours clearing the back room yesterday!

I had a shop full of men and women in SES uniforms this morning assessing the damage, checking out the roof and giving me some helpful advice, as well as cleaning out the gutters and talking to the agent in charge of the rental property.

Luckily the forecast storms amounted to nothing, so we didn't have to worry about more damage and there should be a gentleman coming tomorrow to work out what needs to be repaired and hopefully get started on those repairs!

The Motivator returned from Sydney and also came to inspect the damage this afternoon. As she arrived, the Real Estate Agent met her at the door and came in to have a look as well.

Now that I think about it, there was a steady stream of people coming through to inspect the damage all day!

Morning coffee with the girls was lovely, with Mrs Bucket joining us, having arrived yesterday for a few weeks holiday.

There were a lot of customers during the day with more good feedback.

Ted, a local indigenous man, dropped by to ask if we'd be interested in selling his aboriginal artefacts. His work is beautiful and we are strongly considering his offer. We also discussed the idea of having him do workshops and/or talks on aboriginal culture and beliefs. He has lectured at universities and is a very interesting man.

After my fights over the phone, on three different occasions, with 3 different Telstra officers last week, I received a phone call today from the complaints/appeals department. I told him my story and explained why I disagreed with the account AND with the the previous three decisions over my complaint.

This gentleman was far more amiable and prepared to listen and compromise with me. In the end, our bill was almost halved and we are much happier with this outcome.

So my day has been very full and I think I'm pretty much done.

It's an early night for me.

Nite all.

No comments: