Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Problematic

It seems we have an unhappy camper in town who is now posting negative comments about our business without naming our business. She believes that we are unfairly competing and taking business away from her.

In her words ... "taking my business away from me by offering the same service a short distance away"

Time to work on some damage control.

We definitely do not want to take any business away from her and in fact, we refer people to her and direct them to her shop regularly - but she doesn't know that.

The other side of the coin is that she has an established business that is quite a few years old and she also has established clientele, so if she is confident in the service that she is offering, she certainly shouldn't feel threatened by us.

Anyway, either The Motivator or I will go for a visit this week and chat with her about her concerns because we should all be supporting each other in this town, not attacking each other in this passively aggressive way.

*sigh*

We had a great day at the shop today for my first day back. We were visited by a lot of friendly customers and The Motivator was busy working on a deadline for her design business, so it was great to jump in  and enjoy the day.

I really like Annemarie, the therapist who now works on Wednesdays in our shop. I am going to have her do some Zen Shiatsu therapy on me next week ...

*A Japanese remedial healing system based on Chinese Medicine. Gentle stretches combined with firm finger pressure is applied to acupuncture points called ‘tsubos’, to alleviate tension and pain*

... I've never experienced that before, but she told me that of all the therapies that she offers, it's her favourite, so I figure she will enjoy performing it on me!

Unfortunately I missed the Burrum lady's Christmas luncheon at Woodgate today. I wasn't supposed to be back in town for it, so I didn't add my name to the list last month. From the photos on FB, it looks like it was a great day. Plenty of happy smiling faces.

Now it's approaching midnight, so I'd best get some sleep.

For anyone feeling concerned, Primrose is feeling a little better today.

Nite all.



 

No comments: