Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Day Eighteen .. and the final day of the Selfie Road Trip

Today has been bitter sweet.

Sadly, we came to the end of our road trip.

Happily, we arrived home safe n sound to the smiling face of Adoring Husband and three excited psychotic dogs with madly wagging tails.

It took a good while to unload the car of all our dirty washing,  purchased items, suitcases,  electronic devices, SHOES, cold bag full of fresh food that we bought on the way home, pillows, CDs and other assorted paraphernalia.

THEN it took a good while to unpack our suitcases.

Primrose moved from the coldest room in the house (where the air conditioning unit seems to think we have a refrigerated cold room) to the bigger, better room where the bed should assist in healing her back.

Eighteen days of sitting in the driving position has not done her any favours.

Adoring Husband already had a lamb roast in the oven with a big tray of veggies, so all I had to worry about was making the gravy.

While we were unpacking and dinner was cooking in the oven, Adoring Husband dragged the Christmas tree and all the decorations out of the shed. He set up the tree so that we could decorate it, which we did between unpacking, washing clothes and eating dinner!


And now, as I look around the house, you would never know that we had left!

We are perfectly delighted with our fabulous road trip. We are relieved and happy to be home safe n sound. All is right with our world!

Nite all.


No comments: