Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Day Seventeen of the Selfie Road Trip

We are very bad parents.

Poor Wilbur Herbert has been in the back seat of the car for the entire journey and I think we've taken him out for photos three or four times.

Actually, I'm not even certain that he IS in the back! It's been so long since I've laid eyes on him!

We must attempt to release him for some 'end of road trip' photos.

It's been a long day of driving today. We needed to get over the QLD border so that I could vote!

Each 100km stretch felt like 300km! We travelled from Coffs Harbour to Toowoomba, stopping in Ballandean at a little school where I voted.

The roads we travelled today are very familiar to us, so there was no need to stop except for coffee. We actually wanted a smoothie, but could NOT find a shop anywhere from Tenterfield to Stanthorpe to Warwick to Toowoomba that was open and selling smoothies. Very frustrating.

We weaved our way though some interesting looking weather between Warwick and Toowoomba but managed to only drive through a couple of light sprinkles. Even the storm that brewed above us while we waited for our takeaway restaurant meals, fizzled into a light shower.

I phoned ahead and booked a motel that I found for a great deal. A room with two queen beds in it, usually for $250 night, at the bargain price of $125. No great views and on a busy road (the noise isn't bad), with a restaurant that funnily enough isn't open on a Saturday night (go figure) but luckily had a nice restaurant across the road.

The bed feels divine and it will be an early night for both of us.

Our tummies are full and we've spent the afternoon winding down and chilling.

Tomorrow, we are aiming for Maroochydore. We are thinking of spending our final night in Maroochydore to celebrate the end of another amazing road trip. I can't remember ever laughing as much as we have this time, and over the most ridiculous things. It has been FUN.

It's going to take us a week to wash all of our dirty clothes and sort through everything that we bought and figure out who owns what.

I started out with six pairs of shoes and am returning home with twelve. Four of the new pairs were bought from Op shops and acquired for the bargain prices of $3 and $4. Brand new shoes! Very comfortable too.

We've competed for 'best bargain shopper' status and at this point there is nothing in it. We'll probably end on a tie.

We've worked hard at eating clean healthy food along the way, only straying a couple of times with GF sweets.

We've revisited some spots on the map that have now become tradition and discovered new spots that we never knew existed. Beautiful gems that we will probably revisit in the future.

We've met some strange and interesting people in our travels, almost all of them wanting to share their life story! Some shop owners who were willing to offer some good business advice as well as providing names and phone numbers that will be helpful.

Great experiences and great memories.

Not certain when the next road trip will be, but I'll look forward to it anyway.

Nite all.

No comments: