Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Day Fourteen of the Selfie Road Trip

Here are a heap of photos from the last two days.















We left Sussex Inlet much earlier than our usual departure and were on the road by 9am (usually it's 10 or 11am).

Nowra was busy and bustling and stressful to get through, but we finally made it to the less busy road to take us to Kangaroo Valley.

We found a beautiful lookout near Cambewarra and drove up a very dodgy, windy narrow road to reach an amazing view, most of the photos from that are on my camera, so I'll share them at a later date. Meanwhile there is one selfie that I took with my phone that has the view behind me.

Kangaroo Valley was very disappointing. We love that area ... the mountains, the amazing trees and forest, the old buildings, the hikes, the waterfalls and the views ... but the shopping/tourist part was pretty underwhelming.

Admittedly, it was Wednesday, which is a day when most of the shops are closed, but there were only 3 shops to browse and two of them were closed, the remaining shops were cafes! Half of the cafes were closed too.

Our next stop was Bundanoon, which was lovely and I have fond memories of visiting there with Adoring Husband a few years ago. We even have a few knick knacks on our outside walls from there, but the shop where we purchased them, has since closed down.

We both enjoyed toasted turkey, cranberry and avocado sandwiches for lunch with a coffee and sat outside at the lovely tables on the sidewalk, beside planter boxes full of colourful blooms. It almost felt like Paris!

Because we liked the look of Oberon so much on the way south, we decided to find accommodation there for tonight. Probably a mistake. There were only three motels to choose from.

We chose the best one, but it has no wifi (I remembered tonight that I could use my phone hotspot to do my blog!) and you have to walk a long way from your car to your room, walking up a steep loose gravel driveway, then up a concrete ramp past the reception area to a walkway that takes you past every other room before you reach your own room.

It's also very cold in Oberon!

The RSL Club was nice, but the restaurant has a temporary menu with limited GF options and it took them 40 mins to make nachos and grilled chicken and salad. There were only two other tables of people there, so they couldn't use the 'busy' excuse. The food was very average.

We found a few Op shops and second hand stores today, which were interesting. In these next few photos, you can see some hanging beaded decorations in a shop ... we are going to make some. I have  containers full of beads from when I was making jewellery and today I bought a few inexpensive decorative silver bits and pieces to recreate what you see in the photos.

The crafty person used silver teapots, silver plates and jugs, old lamps and the heart to hang strings of old jewellery and beads. They looked fabulous!







The big teal circle was a 900mm disc of painted resin which was soooooo stunning - the photo just doesn't do it justice - and it cost $500. I took the artist's details so that I could contact her in the future to possibly buy it for the shop. It would look divine on the wall and is very similar to our logo!

Anyway, I'm very tired. Time to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: