Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 24, 2017

Day Sixteen of the Selfie Road Trip

It's late and I'm very tired.

We came over the mountains and stopped at Wallomombi Falls Lookout hoping to capture some looming Wedge Tailed Eagle shots, but unfortunately, the eagle decided to loom on the opposite side of the gorge to where we were. I could see him in the distance, but sadly for me, he never got close enough for me to get a decent shot.

From there we drove to Ebor Falls which was flowing beautifully ...


... then over the mountains to the lovely Dorrigo. We always enjoy that drive and Dorrigo is a lovely little town. We stopped and did some window shopping - well I window shopped, while BGWLBH did some 'actual' shopping.



Bellingen was next and even though we looked forward to stopping there, the store owners have become a bit greedy and the prices have increased somewhat since our last trip. They are taking advantage of the tourist industry I guess, but feeling a bit resentful, I chose NOT to buy the one thing that I wanted, simply because I know what the price was 2 years ago.

We made it to Coffs Harbour by about 3.30pm and I had called ahead and booked a motel room for us so Siri gave us directions and we found it easily. The internet and Siri have been our saviour this trip that's for sure.

Our meal was 'to die for' at the Coffs Exies restaurant tonight. Char grilled lemon grass chicken breast with red wine jus, potato puree and broccolini. The chicken just melted in your mouth. Yum!

It's been another great day and we are worn out.

Time for me to sleep now.

Nite all

No comments: