Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 20, 2017

Day Twelve of the Selfie Road Trip

Today has been pretty fabulous!

We stayed in Eden last night and this morning decided to walk up the very steep hill to eat breakfast in the healthiest place in town called 'Sprout' where I partook of their green smoothie, coffee and bacon with fresh avocado. It was delicious and their free wifi obviously attracted a lot of people ... some paying customers and some not.

We left Eden at 10am and drove to Merimbula where we needed to find a Westpac bank. Siri gave us some poor directions, so we walked into Sanity and asked the girl who worked there (she was a local)  for directions. She claimed that there was no Westpac Bank!

Quite flustered, we quietly berated Siri and climbed back into the car to drive to the next town. We hadn't gone very far along the street, when we saw the Westpac Bank. It was even in plain view of the  Sanity shop!

So we quietly berated the Sanity girl and found somewhere to park the car while Primrose completed her business.

Meanwhile, I found a shop that had only been open for three months and spent a good 20 minutes chatting with the owner and exchanging information. I wished her the best of luck for the Christmas season as I departed. She was lovely, though right now I can't remember her name.

From Merimbula, we drove to Tathra where Primrose relived some childhood memories ...


Tathra was a lovely little spot with a glorious beach - just stunning in the off-peak season with not a tourist to be seen ... oh except for us of course!

Our next stop was Bermagui, where we stopped for coffee. The coffee was crap, but the view was nice!


We wanted to visit Tilba Tilba because Adoring Husband loves it there and we thought we could make him jealous. We didn't know what to expect and this was the drive there from Bermagui.





Primrose was freaking out about the road with water on either side, as well as the single lane bridge at the end of that road!

The road to Tilba Tilba was surrounded by lush green farmland, giant trees, lovely old houses, blue skies and forest mountains. It was breathtaking and we fell in love with it before we even arrived!







See that bracelet? I tried it on and would have bought it in a heartbeat, had it cost a bit less than the $795 price tag. It had turquoise, amethyst and three other stones. She allowed me to take the photo so that I could show Adoring Husband what I'd like for Christmas ... it costs quite a bit less than a new camera! *insert huge puppy dog eyes here*

TT was very similar to Montville with the main street lined with crafty shops. Woodworking, designer jewellery, clothing, giftware, art, food and so much more. I only got to visit 3 shops because I like to browse slowly, but Primrose must have gone to every shop.

I got myself a beautiful gaspiete pendant from Reva at Tilba which I love! This is what gaspiete looks like, but this is not my pendant ...


We reluctantly left Tilba Tilba because we knew we had to get to Narooma and find some accommodation.

A lady in TT recommended a motel to Primrose, with it's name spelling Narooma backwards - Amooran Motel. I looked online and found that it had a special price on a family room for tonight. Usually $265 for the night at the bargain price of $139!

This is the view from our front porch ...


That is the Golf Club that you can see in the distance and it's where we had dinner, which was divine! I had Potato Bacon & Leek soup and every mouthful was like an explosion of flavour! Primrose had their Thai Beef Salad and then we bought a lemon & lime cheesecake slice to bring home and enjoy with a cup of tea. GF of course.

Here is the view from their dining room...


Narooma is spectacular - especially from the top of the hill. I really love this area and it feels really welcoming and healthy - it makes me feel energised and vibrant! The colours of the area are also very vibrant -the greens of the grass and trees, the blues of the ocean and the sky. The air seems so clear and crisp.

Here we are, about to tick over to midnight. I'm going to snuggle down in my queen sized bed and listen to the sound of waves crashing in the distance.

Nite all.

No comments: