Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Loving it!

This morning, before I left my bed, I went onto the website of Denise Duffield Thomas - one of the women who inspired me to create the website and start the business. I've been so busy since July, I've barely had time to read any more of her stuff, so I wanted to see what she was up to.

She had just announced a challenge for her followers - to write down 50 things that you're proud of from 2017.

I went in search of a little notebook and began to write.

It was so easy to think of 50 things! I was amazed at how wonderful 2017 was for me. I've achieved so much and tried new things and am in a completely different place to twelve months ago.

Here are my top twelve memories for 2017 ...

  1. Attended two Journey workshops in Sydney and Byron Bay.
  2. Attended the Health and Wellness Festival in Canberra by myself.
  3. Attended the Reed Gift Fair in Sydney.
  4. Created and launched my website.
  5. Wrote a book.
  6. Babysat Chicklet in Melbourne.
  7. Created and launched The Happy Abode with The Motivator.
  8. Celebrated Adoring Husband's 60th birthday in Big Bash style.
  9. Experienced a fabulous road trip with my BFF.
  10. Sold 17 of my photos!
  11. After 30yrs as friends, had my first Christmas with Primrose.
  12. Began designing my first photography course.
  13. (I know I said 12, but this needs a special mention) Stood up and spoke at Mum H's funeral. 

Listing the 50 things certainly helped me start the day with a flourish and I was feeling pretty good about myself.

I was even ready early enough to visit the boys at the Seat of Knowledge before work.

I loved my time in The Happy Abode today. I always love my time there, but today was especially great, not for any reason except there were so many tourists who came in and were happy, smiling, laughing and relaxed.

It felt like a party was happening all day and I was in the middle of it.

So it was a good day and I reluctantly left the shop some time after 2pm.

My first job when I arrived home, was to put the beef curry on to cook. After that, I just had to lie down. I was feeling exhausted and needed a power nap, so I lay down on the bed and every time I dozed off, I got a cramp in the middle toe of my right foot.

Ugh.

Twenty minutes was enough for me to feel energised, but then realised that I didn't have everything that I needed for dinner, so I rode down to the shops with Primrose on foot beside me.

I did a grocery shop and she got herself a coffee, then we rode to where she last sat on the beach so that she could retrieve the empty coffee cup that she accidentally left behind earlier in the day.

By the time we returned home, it was almost 5pm. I had missed my date with The Blonde Bombshell and friends, so I served dinner up nice and early - 5.30pm - strung one thread of beads on my arty farty work in progress and then decided to watch some Youtube videos on how to set up my camera.

Well, it may have been a decision, but it never came to fruition.

I still don't know how to set up my camera!

It's now almost 10.30pm and I need to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: