Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

So Much To Do ...

Our 'to do' list includes:

  • creating two of our workshop/courses before the third week of January
  • creating a questionnaire 
  • contacting the people on the photography course list to ask them to answer the questionnaire
  • advertising the workshops/courses
  • having the training room finished and set up for the workshops/courses
  • recruiting for both the meditation and the Qigong workshops
  • signage ... oh the drama of signage!
That's just off the top of my head.

I think we are beginning to feel a bit pressured. We've both had so much happening this past month and that will continue for both of us for the next couple of weeks, so there is little time to commit to our 'to do' list.

Everything will fall into place, as it has ever since we began this journey, so I'm not too concerned at this point.

It has been a quieter than expected couple of days in town, but we've had some interesting holiday makers come through the doors and a few women who mistakenly came in with their husbands and who promise to return in the next couple of days WITHOUT their husbands.

We shut up shop right on 3pm today and I rushed home to prepare myself for a triple date.

Primrose, Adoring Husband and I drove straight into town to watch one of two movies - either 'Jumanji' or 'The Greatest Showman'.

We arrived at the cinema at about 4.20pm and both of those movies were to start at 4.30pm. As we walked in the door, the queue awaiting entry into the next movie was all the way back to the entry of the building.

I groaned and said "No way"

We got into the ticketing line and heard the person in front of us ask for Jumanji tickets. They were told "sorry, that movie is sold out"

We asked how busy/full 'The Greatest Showman" was and she told us 'not very full right now, but she expected to get a late rush'.

We got the tickets and bought our mandatory movie junk food.

We did not know that the movie was a musical - so when the opening 5 minutes was full of song/music, we were surprised and I think we all had low expectations - HOWEVER - it was amazing!

The music, the singing, the songs, the story, the acting, the dancing, the characters, the actors and most of all, Hugh Jackman ... just wow. So much energy throughout the movie. We would all go see it again and plan on buying the dvd when it's released. Absolutely brilliant.

Even Adoring Husband remained awake throughout the movie!

Primrose had prepared dinner before we went out, so we returned home and lay the food on the table to eat immediately. That was so quick and easy and meant we could sit and discuss and rave over the movie some more.

Now it's after 11.30pm and I need to sleep because I'll be in the shop by myself tomorrow.

So nite all.

No comments: