Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 10, 2018

To Market To Market

I woke to the sound of my alarm playing Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Gogo" at 6.15am.

Fifteen minutes later my alarm played "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.

As part of the meditation lessons, The Gypsy suggests something called 'traffic control' and every hour on the hour, we set our phone alarm to remind us to stop for one minute, 'be present' and stop negative self talk.

I did that for a day and then felt that I wanted to change it up a bit, so I added the song "Happy" to my alarm and now, every hour on the hour, I begin dancing (although mostly, I'm sitting down when the alarm goes off, so I kind of jig in my chair!).

Adoring Husband laughs at me ... EVERY time! But that song just makes me feel so good and it's very easy to dance to. The Motivator and I found ourselves stopping and bopping to the music all morning at work and every time, it brought a smile to our faces.

Anyway, I had my first dance to "Happy" while I was still in bed this morning, after which, I got ready for work and left early so that I could attend the local markets first.

Still heady from my big keno win on Friday night, I went a little crazy.

The first money I spent was $5 which I tossed into a hat that belonged to a young girl who was busking. She had a lovely voice and judging by her choice of location, which almost hid her entirely from public view, she was obviously a little shy. She stopped mid song to thank me profusely.

I bought a leadlight string of hearts to hang in my front tree, a beautiful timber hand crafted lazy susan to place in the centre of our table, a gift wrapped washer with soap (somebody out there will have it added to their birthday present this year!), two hanging hand towels, two necklaces and a ring, a hand made card, a pen, a letter opener, a book and two bags of vegetables.

I also ordered a hand made timber jewellery display stand from the same man who made our whale tail display stands.

All of those purchases completely filled the basket of my trike!

We had a quiet morning in the shop, but as always, we still had plenty to do and plenty to talk about.

It was a 1pm closure but I didn't leave for home until 2pm.

This afternoon and this evening I've done some course work, watched a less violent episode of 'Outlander', cooked dinner, watched some 20/20 cricket and some of the Winter Olympics. As I write this blog post, I have Sex and the City reruns on in the background.

But it's way after 11pm so it's time for bed.

Enjoy your Sunday everybody!

Nite all.

No comments: