Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

No News

My Sunday has been pretty cruisy.

I've done a little bit of washing.

I bottled my second batch of kombucha and have brewed up the next batch.

I cooked up a huge plate of bacon, eggs, mushrooms, char grilled zucchini, tomato, onion, baby spinach and avocado for a late breakfast, early lunch (11.30am).

Mid afternoon, I filled a bowl with dragon fruit, banana, mango, grapes and plums all chopped into bite sized pieces and then I pigged out on them in front of the TV as we watched the Winter Olympics.

Personally, I'll be pleased when the Olympics are over.

I can't help but wonder how amazing this world would be if all the pro athletes put as much money, time and effort into creating a better planet, instead of training, competing and holding up a trophy or medal at the end of the day.

What about all the Govt funding that could be better used elsewhere? What about the billions of dollars spent on bidding for the games and then the billions of dollars spent on building the arenas for the events?

Oh but don't get me started.

I can't believe it's 9pm already. I really feel like I didn't get enough done today - especially the course work for which I could have been so much more productive if I'd just left the room!

Anyway, big work day tomorrow and The Motivator leaves the country this week. I have much to organise before she leaves, including creating our ad for three newsletters, which I'd hoped to do this weekend, but will do tomorrow.

The Gypsy won't be at the shop for meditation tomorrow, so The Motivator and I will have to wing it.

Wish us luck!

Nite all.

No comments: