Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 16, 2018

Friendly Friday

We had some really nice customers all through the day today, which brought a wonderful energy into the shop.

It was so noticeable that I even commented to a couple of groups and thanked them for coming.

Reality TV Queen popped in for a quick visit with His Royal Tallness, which was a nice surprise.

I had some time this afternoon to design the registration form for my photography courses and printed a few copies out for the front table.

I checked out the websites of some of our suppliers.

Even though we are trying to hold off ordering any new stock until we've been through the Gift Fair in Sydney, our stock level is a bit low and I'm considering making a couple of small orders next week. It's a bit of a balancing act.

The weather is still hot and we've just had some storms sweep through. There was a huge line of storms from the Sunny Coast right through to Gladstone, but I don't think they've done enough to cool the temperature.

My watch alarm has just told me to get ready for bed. I've done well this week creating my new habit of going to bed at the some time. I've been in bed every night well before 10.30pm.

I've discovered one slight issue with this new habit. Because we're in bed at least 2-3 hours earlier than our old habit, the Psychotic Dogs need to get up during the night to pee! Their elderly bladders can't last the distance and they are waking me up at around 3.30am most nights.

It almost defeats the purpose of going to bed early!




I'm looking forward to my weekend and plan on getting a bit done on Sunday. Bed will be my friend for the first half of the day though.

In the meantime, Saturday is looking good for another pleasant time at The Happy Abode.

So I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: