Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Big Day In

What a huge day!

The Gypsy had all her appointments booked bar one and the shop was filled with people many times during the day. Mostly they were only looking, but there was a big group of eight from Howard and three different pairs from Childers, someone from Chinchilla and a lady from Gympie and many more locals who only just discovered that we were here.

I took another name for one of my photography workshops and a lady came in asking if we would be interested in selling her art. I've told her to come back with some samples after 1st March. She showed me some photos and I really like the look of some of her creations. She has her finger in many different creative pies, so I'm looking forward to seeing her work up close.

I attempted to get some paperwork done and set up a booking system for our courses. I have just over three weeks until my first course starts and I still haven't finished creating it!

But don't worry, we do our best work under pressure!

By home time, I was absolutely exhausted. All of my energy had drained and I felt a little bit low ... until I rode home and the ride seemed to energise me. I even went straight to the kitchen to peel the potatoes and chop the beans in preparation for dinner.

Luckily, dinner was super easy and quick and delicious. Adoring Husband even went back for seconds and I put some pineapple in the freezer earlier, so I'm thinking of making some pineapple whip for dessert ... yes that's how early I am writing this.

It will be another early night for me and I think we'll leave the air conditioner on all night so that we can sleep soundly without the heat and the perspiration disturbing us.

Another day in the life of a Happy Abode worker haha.


Nite all.


No comments: