Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 12, 2018

Squeezed Full!

How hot is it?

As my mother would say "Hot as Hades"!

Each time we walked out of the shop, there was a wall of oppressive heat awaiting us and it felt like we were melting!

Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Our day was squeezed full!

We had an interesting start to the day because The Gypsy was not available to run our meditation class, which meant that we had to wing it.

Even knowing since last Wednesday that she wouldn't be here, neither The Motivator nor I were prepared for this morning. We DID arrive slightly early, to set up the room. I made up a sheet to get names and phone numbers so that in the future, we can contact the ladies to cancel if necessary.

The Motivator, with her easy listening voice, led the class into three different guided meditations which were pre-recorded (provided by The Gypsy) and in between we had some casual and relaxed discussions, some good giggles and then we finished off with a group dance to the song "Happy" (but of course!), so we finished the morning feeling both relaxed and energised. Everybody left with a big smile on their face.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and The Motivator did a fabulous job. We do our best work under pressure!

My entire day after that, was spent creating our ad to go into three different newsletters - BHPA, The Toogoom chatter and Burrum River Newsletter. The main part of our ad will provide information about the photography courses and the design & styling courses so we have to fit a LOT into a small space.

Here's your preview ...

So if you see any errors, you have until 1pm Tuesday to let me know lol

While I did that, The Motivator had about five different projects going at once, so she was multi-tasking like a whirlwind.

We had few customers walk through the door, so there weren't many interruptions. I think it was too hot for anybody to leave their house today!

I will be by myself in the shop tomorrow, so I need a good night's sleep. I'm looking forward to seeing the girls for coffee in the morning and then I have a 'to do' list to focus on for the remainder of the day.

Still absolutely loving The Happy Abode.

Nite all.

No comments: