Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Without Motivation

The Motivator has left the country!

It was a mad dash this morning as some last minute important business popped up (not Happy Abode stuff) and she frantically worked to finalise it all before she rushed to the airport in just the nick of time!

Touch and go.

The day was incredibly busy in the shop. Lots of new customers all announcing "I didn't know you were here!" as they walked in the door. There were even a few men came shopping today, which felt weird, but they knew what they wanted and even though I didn't get anything else done today, it was a great sales day and the people were friendly and grateful for the air conditioned comfort.

This weather is horrendously oppressive and our air conditioner has been running for 36 hours straight and certainly won't be turned off tonight either. It reached 36C It's still 28C but feels a lot warmer. When you add coastal humidity to such high temperatures - there are no words - or maybe there is just one - UGH!

Thankfully, I live AND work in air conditioned comfort.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to help me close the shop this afternoon and I cooked dinner super early (we were eating at 4.45pm) because AH has SES training tonight and had to leave before 5.30pm.

Crispy skinned chicken with salad followed by pineapple whip with macadamia nuts & shaved premium organic dark chocolate. That's a good healthy meal and a half!

Right now, I'm listening to my psychotic dogs tease and chase each other around the family room. I asked them if they remembered that they are each 13 years old. Combined, in human years, that makes them 273 years old. They are still jumping onto the furniture and playing silly buggers with each other like puppies.

Sometimes that can be a bit annoying, but mostly it makes me laugh.

Well, it's just after 8pm so I think I'll go to bed and so some of my course work before I nod off.


Nite all.

No comments: