Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Bloody Hell

It was a massive 'I told you so!' moment.

My fury was immense and I had to sit with it and let it flow through me until it left my body.

My iMac (for those of you who don't know - an iMac is an Apple desktop computer) is very sick and desperately requires a doctor, so Adoring Husband and I decided to take it into The Bay today and drop it into the computer Dr to hopefully be fixed.

I told AH that I had my usual coffee date with the girls this morning and then he could pick up the computer afterwards on our way out of town.

I pedalled to the coffee date and then returned home afterwards and he asked me where the computer was... like he was expecting me to bring it home in the trike.

As you can imagine, this question confused me because my very large iMac would never fit in the basket of my trike so I couldn't understand why he was asking me.

He then informed me that I didn't need to take the whole computer, just the small box that attaches to the monitor.

I disagreed and reminded him that it was an Apple computer and I thought that everything went through the monitor including the wifi keyboard, mouse and track pad. All USB sticks insert into the rear of the monitor, including the disc drive.

So AH phoned the computer Dr and asked if we needed to bring the monitor or the box. He was told not to bring the monitor.

The only box, which is about the size of a CD cover, that is attached to my iMac is what I believed to be a disc drive, but it was the only box, so I detached it from the iMac and took it into town.

I DID tell AH that if we got all the way into town and they told us that they needed the monitor, I would NOT be happy.

Long story short ... I was NOT happy.

The language that surged through my head did not spew from my mouth and I did not shout "I TOLD YOU SO!" even though I so badly wanted to. Instead, I sat silently in the car forcing my anger to dilute, drain and dissipate.

I did a very good job of this and it only took about fifteen minutes to cleanse myself of my fury - even though, initially, I thought my head was going to explode!!

To cushion the blow, I made a couple of emotional purchases (I see you grinning knowingly) which now hang proudly in my wardrobe haha.

Afterwards, I ticked off some of the purchases from my 'to do' list, which included a couple of extras to put into The Blonde Bombshell's care package that we were delivering to the hospital while we visited her that afternoon.

I sat through a most unsatisfactory pedicure that took approximately fifteen minutes - to give you an idea - I had three turns on Words With Friends when she thanked me and began helping me put my shoes on. I questioned how she could already be finished and asked why my clear nail varnish was not even shiny or reflective.

I won't return to that particular salon, which now means I need to find a salon outside of Stocklands because both of those salons have failed the 'rQQzy' test twice each.

Soon enough, I checked my watch and was shocked to see how late it was getting, so we cut the shopping and 'to do' list short so that we could visit The Blonde Bombshell before it was too late.

We had her all to ourselves for almost two hours! It was a good visit. She talked and talked and talked, which I consider to be a very good sign. If there had been any awkward silences, I'd have been worried about her! All things considered, our friend is coping remarkably well with her current circumstances - not just her own health but also that of her Grumpy Pants husband who has his own big issues to deal with.

Before we overstayed our carpark time limit, we shared a warm hug and departed the hospital to drive directly into the setting sun.  Thankfully we arrived home safe and sound, although there were moments of doubt!

AH cooked some lamb steaks on the barbie while I made a quick fried rice with the leftovers from our curry a couple of nights ago. Fruit whip ice cream for dessert and we are both exhausted!

I'm off to bed, where I will probably remain until late tomorrow - I intend to totally enjoy my second day off work by avoiding all human contact.

Nite all.

No comments: