Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Extraordinarily So

There were four businesses open in town today.

The supermarket, the takeaway, B Traders and The Happy Abode.

I drew an affirmation card first up ...


... that was my cue to hit my studies because I've neglected them of late due to time constraints and I figured that the quiet times between customers would be the perfect opportunity to get stuff done.

It was a very slow day. There were probably twenty people through the shop, but most of them were waiting for their food to be prepared at the takeaway, so were not interested in spending, just looking and filling in time.

This was not a problem for me because I got to complete a lot of study, watch a lot of the course videos, answer a lot of questions, clear a lot of issues and understand a lot about myself through this course.

I played some great music, did a little cleaning, vacuumed, cleaned the front glass doors, did the course, served some customers, chatted with visitors, researched some product websites and considered going home very early - but I stayed.

I don't feel like the day was wasted. I made some sales and caught up on the course content and just those two things alone were of value.

Tonight, I'm feeling quite tired and I was lucky to have some leftover chicken curry to reheat for dinner and added some rice (which is not my favourite option) and some fresh coriander.

I whipped up some fruit whip ice-cream for dessert and it was extra delicious.

It's almost 10pm and I'm ready for bed because it's an early start for meditation in the morning and I don't want to struggle to get there.

So nite all.

No comments: