Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Day Five of Chicklet Holiday

I opened the shop and had the morning at work.

Morning coffee with the girls was an added bonus! Love my girls.

The original plan was to work til 11am but I wanted to help The Motivator as much as possible so I spent the time to check off some newly arrived stock, price it, display some of it and find homes to store the overflow.

This took me an hour over the plan.

The funny thing is that while I was stressing that I had pushed both Adoring Husband and Chicklet to their limits, (coping without me), AH thought that I was working until 1pm. So I arrived home to an empty house and they turned up to the shop after I had left!

They had spent quite some time walking along the beach collecting more shells for our next project and then sitting in the shade chatting while Chicklet played in the sand.

I'm pretty sure that Poppy Bluebarry was relieved that I was now home to relieve him of the responsibility.

The remainder of the day wasn't filled with much else.

Chicklet was starving hungry and by the time she stopped asking for (and eating) all the lunch I could muster, almost two hours had passed and it was time for some quiet time.

She spent her quiet time in the bedroom and then she liked the idea of sitting up in our big bed watching Youtube videos about Minecraft. I should have taken a photo because she looks so tiny with all the pillows behind her and the doona covering her body.

Before we knew it, it was time to start preparing dinner.

After all the food she ate at lunch time, there was barely any room left in her tummy for dinner, so she ate a boiled egg, a piece of carrot and the last of the smoothie that I made at lunch time.

Fun in the bathtub followed by cuddles and chats before falling asleep in this position ...


I have no idea how she does that!

Just wanted to make a special mention of the petrified gecko that she found in one of the drawers under her craft box that was stored after her last visit.


She was pretty excited about this find!

Vegan Chickie made a quick call from Florence just before bed, which was a nice finish to the day.

We have big plans tomorrow for the dragon cave, so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.  

 

No comments: