Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Day Six of Chicklet Holiday

The day has been filled with dragons ... how unusual!

We found an ap where we become dragons. Wind dragons. Fire dragons. Earth dragons. Ice dragons.

We have to fight Knights, Wizards and creatures to go through levels and build families of dragons. There are castles and volcanos and glaciers and oceans and floating islands in the sky. There are different dinosaurs of varying strengths to either conquer or avoid.

This ap is pretty much Chicklet's dream come true.

She climbed into bed with me this morning and told me that she was going to get the Sims Cats and Dogs ap so that she could created Jack, Ruby and Colli and play with them all the time. So I did a search for that ap and it didn't exist. Instead, I found a different dog ap, so I downloaded that to my iPad.

As we began to play with that one, an advertisement appeared for the Sims Dragon ap, so I searched for that and found it.

The excitement level was profound.

We played that in between meals and creating our own clay dragons with the moulding clay that Poppy Bluebarry got for us in The Bay. Adult dragons with unhatched eggs, partly hatched eggs and baby dragons already hatched.







Every so often Chicklet runs outside to our cross trainer which is stored under the awning of the shed in the back yard and she spends a couple of minutes exercising before running back inside. It's more action than that machine has seen in some time!


It was much later than usual by the time Chicklet climbed into bed. She wanted psychotic dog Colli to lie on her bed for a little while tonight, so I put the dog on top of the doona, only to discover that she had a dirty butt. This required changing the darned doona cover (while Adoring Husband bathed the dog) and it was after 8.30pm by the time Chicklet fell asleep and I could leave the room.

Ugh! Sometimes 'things' don't go as smoothly as you plan. It's annoying.

I'll be working for a couple of hours at the shop tomorrow afternoon. I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.



 

No comments: